Pop Up Jewellery established in 2016 and began with a £5 ikea table, one hammer and one torch. Since then I have created a jewellers with my clients at the heart of my business and a more sturdy workbench!
I take my inspiration from many places, all my designs have a geometric style to them but are also inspired by the 1920s Art Deco time period and my latest collection Illusion which works in making 2D pieces look 3D. With all my designs they begin with a sketchbook and doing sketches of potential designs. Once a final design has been decided on I then take it to the workbench where I individually hammer, saw, polish and file every individual piece of jewellery meaning your jewellery has been individually made just for you!
Here are some wee questions I get asked!
1. Where did you study?
- I studied at City Of Glasgow College! College was one of the best times of my life, my lecturers where amazing and so supportive of me starting Pop Up!
2. How did you get started?
- In college! I decided to start my business during my last year of college. Once I got some pieces together I started attending local markets, then a website and slowly started making a name for myself!
3. Why Geometric Designs
- I have always preferred more geometric styles, I love working with sharp straight lines and how geometric pieces are something that never goes out of fashion!
4. Do you only work around geometric styles?
- Not always! My personal designs are very Art Deco and Illusion inspired but I do take commissions which is usually so different from my usual work which is brilliant as it gives me a chance to explore different designs and styles. You can see some of my custom work here.
5. What is your favourite design?
- Oh you are asking a hard one there! If I had to pick from each collection I would say the Geo Triangle Necklace from the Art Deco, the Illusion Triangle Necklace from the Illusions Collection and the Geo Earrings from the Geometric Collection and the Illusion Triangle Pendant from the Illusion Collection!
F R E E D E L I V E R Y O N O R D E R S O V E R £50